FAQ FAQ
Login User Control Panel
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Scripts-a-palooza
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:43 am 
GSP Dancer
GSP Dancer

Have a dance script you want to share or a technique you use for creating them. This is the place to post about it!

Me? I use the tried and true AO Scripter method.

My tips:

Remember that script timing is based in miliseconds. So for each second the delay time is 1000 miliseconds.

AO Scripter delays seem just a second or 2 too long. The delay timer is set for the entire length of the movement, which generally includes a "finishing step" to complete it. If you cut a second or 2 off (1000-2000 miliseconds) you'll have a smoother transition to the next move.

Another thing to bear in mind is that once you get the timing down, you can combine bits and peices of other moves. For example /pulp is a 30 second routine. But flameco is only 8.4. If you start both at the same time, you will start off with /flamenco and finish with the last 21.6 seconds of /pulp.

You can use a plain text editor such as notepad to write your scripts as well. You won't have any of the help that AO Scripter can provide, but if you've been around long enough and are familiar with the emotes, you probably don't need the help. You can make a script by creating a text file that includes the actions you want to perform, each on their own line, with a delay time between each. Such as:

/pulp
/delay 28000
/flamenco
/delay 8000
/ballet

Save your completed scripts into the \scripts folder of your AO install directory. For example: \program files\funcom\Anarchy Online\scripts\

So those are my tips. Now its yor turn to show us what ya' got! :)

Last edited by ValliKat on Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:14 pm 
Mmm Teh Spin!
Mmm Teh Spin!

scripts are for fr00bs! *hides*

yeah but seriously, i've never been into dance or any kind of scripts and you actually know how long a pulp routine takes? O.o *bows before Valli's uberness* the way i created some of my looping dance scripts was simply by using notepad while being logged in game, i saved the script, ran it to see how it came out and made adjustments accordingly. Really a simple and easy way to make a script in my opinnion, you can even try the whole dance routine out unscripted before you start writing it all up so you know what the general look will be. Just meh 2 creds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:05 pm 
GSP Dancer
GSP Dancer

One thing to remember when making scripts is that there are small differences in length of emotes between genders. The lengths vary from 1 to 2 seconds (1000 - 2000 milliseconds) in most cases, so it may have effect on looks and smoothness if scripts are used on different genders.
There is not general rule on lengths but it seems that females have longest dance emotes while troxes have slightly longer gestures and athletic emotes than others.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:07 pm 

true, opi female may look fine doing the generic /dance but a trox just looks confused about what is going on. I do think you hit the nail about the types of emotes that differ. Nico has a great dance script... if only one of us can mug nico soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:18 pm 

TwisTwist wrote:
One thing to remember when making scripts is that there are small differences in length of emotes between genders. The lengths vary from 1 to 2 seconds (1000 - 2000 milliseconds) in most cases, so it may have effect on looks and smoothness if scripts are used on different genders.
There is not general rule on lengths but it seems that females have longest dance emotes while troxes have slightly longer gestures and athletic emotes than others.

Sporkeleet wrote:
true, opi female may look fine doing the generic /dance but a trox just looks confused about what is going on. I do think you hit the nail about the types of emotes that differ. Nico has a great dance script... if only one of us can mug nico soon.

AO Scripter can auto-insert the correct delay for each genders' emotes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:03 pm 
GSP Dancer
GSP Dancer

So, does anybody know whether it's possible to include basic movements (forward, back and turn) into a dance script? And if so how?

(Am planning on experiementing with this a bit, but if anybody knows for sure one way or another it could say a lot of time!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:49 pm 
GSP Dancer
GSP Dancer

I would love to be able to do this as well!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:29 am 
GSP Dancer
GSP Dancer

Coffeewench wrote:
So, does anybody know whether it's possible to include basic movements (forward, back and turn) into a dance script? And if so how?

(Am planning on experiementing with this a bit, but if anybody knows for sure one way or another it could say a lot of time!)

*technically* no, there is no possible way to include ingame movements in scripts.