The Loss of Gridstream Productions

Just what it says. :)

Moderators: Leadership, Administrative

Jugsmalone
GSP Dancer
GSP Dancer

The Loss of Gridstream Productions

Post by Jugsmalone »

:cry: I am begging pleading and bribing you to read Tarryks article in the news section of GSP forums and sign the petition and send a message to your congress . I do not want to lose GSP and I am sure none of you do either. Sneakers mentioned this to me and it did no Phase me since Tarryk had not mentioned it I figured it was probably not going to affect us since we are non-profit and all but it does seem to me now that we too may be affected so do what you can to stop this from happening.
ValliKat
GSP Dancer
GSP Dancer

Post by ValliKat »

I agree Jugs. I signed the petition and sent messages to my congressmen. This is a very important issue that should concern us all, not just for GSP but for all internet radio stations. So I join in with Jugs in urging you all to go to www.savethestreams.org , sign the petition and write your congressmen.
Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?
Pengwynn
GSP Dancer
GSP Dancer

Post by Pengwynn »

signed though I'm realy not aloud to sign them being military!!!!!
RK1- Pengwynn
RK2- Jenibell
Nova
GSP Dancer
GSP Dancer

Post by Nova »

Got it before it was even posted here ;)
Missjazzy

Post by Missjazzy »

I signed and wrote 3 letters to my local representatives. I've also made an offer to help contribute to GSP's financial issues.
ValliKat
GSP Dancer
GSP Dancer

Post by ValliKat »

Ok, I'm officially depressed. According to Tarryk's post, he's already going to be over a half million dollars in debt even if they shut down now because the fees will be retroactive to 2006. This falls in his shoulders because he is the official owner of GSP.

As horrible as it would be to lose GSP, that's nothing compared to how utterly devistating it would be if Tarryk got slapped with that one. All that just to make the rest of us happy. Holy fuck this suck's so bad. I hate being so powerless.

Pray, light candles, hold hands, sing songs, sacrifice goats, I don't care what it is that you do, just do it! Please!
Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?
Coffeewench
GSP Dancer
GSP Dancer

Post by Coffeewench »

One bit of good(?) news... due to a wandering decimal point, it looks like it's $5000 rather than half a million. Still not exactly a fun amount to be owing out of the blue on the whim of the RIAA, but still less total-nightmare-ish than half a miilion dollars.
ValliKat
GSP Dancer
GSP Dancer

Post by ValliKat »

Yes...much better news! Not the best. But not unmanageable either.
Conjuring

Post by Conjuring »

I take it that none of this came to pass? Sorry, reading up on what I've missed the last few years. So a bit behind but this thread simply ended without word of resolve.