FAQ FAQ
Login User Control Panel
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Free ducks
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:06 am 
GSP Dancer
GSP Dancer

I'm embarrassed that it took me this long to realize this, but it just now occurs to me that some of you may not be as familiar with the neutral newbie startup quests as I am and have already given away so many of your credits that you can't afford to buy as many leet dolls as you'd like to trade for Birthday Cake Mr. Squeakies to give away later. (Or fill your bathtub or cover your dining room table or whatever.) Each pack full costs roughly a quarter of a million creds. To some of us, that's hardly a drop in a bucket, but to others, especially on the dimension we don't actually play, it might be prohibitive.

So here's the solution. If you have a neutral lowbie alt who needs some XP, even better because it's a quest.

1) Go talk to the neutral Good Time Party Mixer outside Neuters R Us in Newland. Ask if there's anything you can do to help him, and tell him you'll take the Frozen Leet Yummies to Aleksei Innokenti for him.
2) Whomp to Borealis and head south to the gate. Aleksei is standing there in a shirt, tie, suspenders, and striped pants. Give him the box of Leet Yummies and he gives you a Leet Doll, some credits, and some XP for that "quest".
3) Run back to the Whompahs where Miss Nora Fasila is waiting in her ballerina outfit with golf club. Trade her the Leet Doll for the Birthday Cake Mr. Squeaky.
4) Hop back through the Whompah, drop the duck in a backpack while you're auto-running back to the Party Mixer, and return to step 1. Repeat until you have way too many ducks.

If you're going to collect whole bags of them like I am, it might be more efficient to get your leets in a bag first, then go trade them all for ducks. Yeah, it's still much slower than buying them, but if you have half an hour, you're broke and have a neutral lowbie who's feeling neglected anyway, it's all win. And you don't even have to figure out where you left your armor or unequip your coffee cup.

Last edited by Jezebelle on Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Free ducks
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:39 am 

Wonderful idea jezy! *huggles* your to smart ^^

Post subject: Re: Free ducks
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:02 am 
GSP Dancer
GSP Dancer

Thanks, Lal. It's working out for me. There was no show yesterday afternoon and I was caught up on Halloween posts and such, so I spent a couple hours doing this on RK2 and got 4 levels for my baby MP, 6 bags of ducks, and a few thousand creds, all while listening to and rating some of that new free music I found on Amazon. Auto-running multi-tasks well. On RK1 where I have more creds and XP already, I'm probably just going to buy the dolls to be sure I get enough before the event NPC gets away, but then you might still see me running back and forth there just because I can't pass up a free duck.